Monday, September 28, 2009

"Come to Penn State!!!"

I had to put this commercial on the blog. I'm not quite sure if I've ever laughed and been so scared at the same time. This commercial is a bunch of American College Football coaches talking about their school to hopefully recruit talented kids to come and play for them.

The really old guy with the glasses is Joe Paterno, the coach of the Penn State Nittany Lions. He is the main reason this is a classic video. We see him three times in this video. The first two times he talks are kind of funny, but when he tells the camera to "Come to Penn State" (0:59 mark), it is one of the funniest and scariest moments in commercial history.



Do I really want to come to Penn State when my coach sounds like he's gonna chop my head off? Is he trying to be funny or is that how he recruits players?

By the way, at the 0:34 mark, it took about 15 listens for me to finally figure out what he is saying. If someone can figure it out in less than 5 listens, I applaud them.

No comments:

Post a Comment