Monday, April 4, 2011

Bacon Bits: Looking Back at 2 years of Kevin's Bacon

My boss at 4 Seasons Chinese Food, who reads my blog once in a while (or so she says), recently asked me "You know Kevin Bacon is an actor, right?"

Yes I know, boss.

That's why just over a year and a half ago when CreComm started, I named my blog "Kevin's Bacon". It was a bad attempt at a funny name.

And you could argue that alot of the posts on this blog have been a bad attempt at being funny.

But that's Kevin's Bacon.

Now that CreComm is done at the end of the week, our weekly blog assignments that we were required to do for school are no more. And that means a lot of students will part ways with their blog.

Not me.

Kevin's Bacon will still be cooking after CreComm, focusing mostly on my thoughts on the world of sports. Blogging has been a fun experience for myself during the time in CreComm. And I have learned that I want to keep doing it.

So by no means is this a "farewell to the blog" post. It's just a "best of.." this blog so far...

Here are some of my favourite posts from the last year and a half:

1. This one is from September 2010 during the civic election when one of our journalism assignments was to go in one of the electoral wards around the city, and talk to people. Here were the results ...

2. Car flags made an appearance around the city during last year's World Cup. Here are my do's and don'ts when you decide to put a car flag on your car.

3. I am a huge fan of rock music, and made an epic list this past summer of my favourite rock bands from A-Z.

4. A retrospective of last year's Stanley Cup Playoffs.

5. I was also once a big fan of professional wrestling, but I discuss here why I lost interest.

6. A holiday-themed look at the NFL season during December of 2009.

2 comments:

  1. Great stuff buddy...

    The English car flag on a smashed up car, haha that's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can make Kevin Bacon Car Flags if ya need em!

    ReplyDelete