Friday, January 29, 2010

Songs stuck in my head Vol.1

A quiet week here at Kevin's Bacon. But don't worry because next week I'm going to unload my extra- large mega-gigantic Super Bowl Preview. Should be fun. Look for that next Friday.

For now, let's keep it short.

Like most music listeners, I walk around all day with some kind of song stuck in my head. The songs can range anywhere from rock to rap, from polka to fiesta, whatever catches my ear in a given day. Sometimes I enjoy having it stuck in my head, others not so much.

Today's song is by a band who I believe is still in their prime right now and is arguably one of the best "prime" rock bands in the world. Im talking about the multi-talented Dave Grohl and his buddies, the Foo Fighters.

Grohl's done it all. From drummer of Nirvana, to lead singer/guitarist of the Foo Fighters, to drumming appearances with Queens of the Stone Age, to Them Crooked Vultures, to My Name is Earl (oh wait.. that's Jason Lee) Grohl has Rock and Roll Hall of Fame written all over him.

And screw me, because the Foo Fighters have been to Winnipeg a few times in the last 5 years, and I missed them. Won't happen next time.

So without further ado, this is Volume 1 of Songs stuck in Kevin's head. Here's the Foo Fighters newest song which was released as a single in the fall entitled "Wheels". Take a listen.



P.S. Don't forget...Extra-large mega-gigantic Super Bowl Preview coming next Friday. You won't even have to watch the game because I'm going to tell you exactly what will happen. I'll even predict the songs that The Who will play at halftime. (Hint: Think about it.... Super Bowl is on CBS... CSI is on CBS....)

2 comments:

  1. I'm humming Tegan & Sara's "Back in Your Head," which, ironically, is back in my head.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Wheels" is definitely not the Foo Fighters best effort. Can't stand that song.

    I've had Lovefool by The Cardigans stuck in my head all week. How bizarre is that.

    ReplyDelete