Thursday, December 3, 2009

Twitter: My New Hobby

I think it was last spring, when I was fortunate enough to have a 2-day job shadow with Mike McIntyre of the Winnipeg Free Press, where I first learned about Twitter.

Mike had his own Mike on Crime twitter profile which he constantly updated with live updates from the courtroom. I'll always remember sitting in the courtroom with him while he typed away on his Blackberry effortlessly. I remember thinking how cool this looked. So I ran home (actually I took the bus home) and started my very own Twitter account.

A few tweets here and there and, in about a month, I stopped doing it.

But now we're here in December and I have realized that this Twitter thing that I once got so excited about still gets me fired up.

For some reason, I like sharing my thoughts with others. They must be interested to see what I am doing.. right?.....right?

Well, I don't care if you are or not, because from today on, I am going to use Twitter on a daily basis and it is going to be bombarded with my thoughts, my opinions, my favorite things, my meals, whatever.....

So get ready,Twitter followers, because I vow to you that my life will now be for your viewing.

Twitter.....Get ready for Kevin Hirschfield.

http://twitter.com/kevinhabs

No comments:

Post a Comment