Monday, November 15, 2010

The greatest fictional journalist of all-time is.......

In previous posts on this blog, I've mentioned some of my favourite journalists from the past and the present. But now I think it's time to reveal my favourite "fictional" journalist.

I'm talking about any sort of journalist character in a movie/cartoon/fictional piece of work.

Who's the first name you think of? Well, there are so many noteworthy ones, let's list off a few before I reveal my selection.

Ron Burgundy (Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy)
















The anchor of the KVWN Channel 4 News Team in San Diego has won 5 fictional Emmy Awards.


Lois Lane and Clark Kent (Superman)






















The two backbones of the fictional "Daily Planet" newspaper.



Carrie Bradshaw (Sex and the City)















The star of "Sex and the City" has positions as a New York newspaper columnist and a Freelance writer at Vogue Magazine.



(Wait a minute, did I just mention "Sex and the City" in my blog??)



Other notable names:

Les Nessman (WKRP in Cincinnati)

April O'Neil (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)

Tricia Takanawa (Family Guy)

But my all-time favourite fictional journalist has to be the Channel 6 Emmy Award-winning anchor in Springfield. He's the host of "Smartline" and "Eye on Springfield" and has a "My Two Cents" segment at the end of every newscast.

Ladies and gentlemen, the greatest fictional journalist of all-time, from "The Simpsons"........

Kent Brockman!





















Why do I say this? Well, here are a few examples.

He works hard on getting his pronunciations right.



He asks the tough questions.



He is passionate about the big issues.




And finally, he's hungry for news and he's hungry for the truth.


1 comment:

  1. I wrote my master's thesis on fictional journalists.
    Why didn't I include Kent Brockman?
    D'oh!

    ReplyDelete