Monday, February 8, 2010

Crappy Predictions: The Life and Times of Kevin Hirschfield

Here's a recap of my bold predictions I made in my Super Bowl Preview and the predictions have confirmed the fact that I am an idiot and know nothing about football.

Bold Prediction 1- Peyton Manning will throw an interception.

I'm proud to say that I called this and, unfortunately for the Colts, it will most likely be the defining play of Super Bowl XLIV. I always said Brees would have the better game and he looked absolutely flawless setting a Super Bowl record for most completions.

Bold Prediction 2- Joseph Addai rushes for 100 yards and 1 TD.

Addai owned the first half but in the second half, the Colts decided to stop feeding him the ball. He ended up with 77 yards and 1 TD. I'll give myself half a point.

Bold Prediction 3: Shockey shits the bed and a) either fumbles, b) unsportsmanlike conduct penalty, c) couple of dropped passes, d) screw over my fantasy team (wait.. he already did that)

Wow, the predictions go downhill from here. Shockey decided to score the winning touchdown in the Super Bowl after a regular season in which he had 3 touchdowns all year.

Revised Bold Prediction 4: Roger Daltrey`s voice cracks brutally during the "Won`t Get Fooled Again" scream.

Can't believe I wrote off Roger. The guy is almost 66 years old and he still can belt out the notes like he did 40 years ago. Plus, the Who don't even tune down their instruments so the singer can hit the high notes like most older bands do. This prediction embarrasses me the most. Sorry Roger.

Bold Prediction 5: Bush or Roby comes up with a 50+ yard return at one point.

The Saints return game was non-existent. I don't even think there was a 25-yard return at one point.

Bold Prediction 6: Garrett Hartley shanks a field goal

Not only was he 3 for 3 on field goals, but he made them all from over 40 yards, a Super Bowl record.


Colts 30, Saints 27
MVP: Manning( just because it's already pre-determined)


Colts Lose, Brees MVP.



So I made 8 predictions and 2 of them were right.

I considered completely shutting down this blog after my horrific performance but opted against it. And honestly, that's what so cool about sports. You can't predict what's going to happen. If you could predict everything, what would be the point of watching if you knew everything? So I'll hang my head low after this performance, but I'll bounce back with a venegance.

Super Bowl 2011.....I'm coming for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment